Saturday, April 17, 2010

Arganese CL3 robusto 14 of 20

Appearance - Another dull uniform brown color with no damage or imperfections.

Construction - the draw is good, and the elasticity is consistent.

Pre-light taste - spicy and sweet, cinnamon raisin bagel taste..

Initial lighting - spicy, spicy spicy.  It is well balanced though with constant sweet tangy licorice and earthy notes.

Aromas - Spent much of the afternoon planting trees in Jamaica, and being exposed to my dreaded enemy tree pollen, my sinuses are severely congested, so I couldn't smell anything again.  When I actually tried to directly smell the trail smoke, I come away choking on the hot fumes.

Flavours of the smoke - Spicy, tangy sweet, earthy, well balanced.  This is the fourteenth cigar of the series that I am reviewing, and I believe you readers are getting the picture.  The flavours are complex, and do keep me interested again, despite it being the fourteenth one of the series, on consecutive days, two weeks straight.

Summary - Amazing flavours and amazing draw on this cigar is what's really keeping me going on this series of reviews, hell they are even what got me to start this series of reviews on a box worth of CL3s.  Well, that and the bad reputation that Gene has attained in his recent activities in the cigar community, and in reflection have resulted in the disdain from many smokers, most of whom haven't even tried his cigars and refused to try them at all.  I am glad the box only contains 20 of them though, as I don't think I can really keep up with the consecutive reviews of the same cigar.  Although in the past I had no problem smoking through 2 boxes consecutively inside of 2 months, sometimes even two in the same day.  Adding the task of picking out the flavours, the defects, and interesting nuances is what's really taking the enjoyment out of smoking these wonderful sticks.  6 more to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment