Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Arganese CL3 robusto 10 of 20

Appearance - an ugly wrapper on this one.  Although the veins are small, there are several green spots, probably due to improper curing. 

Construction - the elasticity is a bit tough, doesn't have much give when I apply some pressure, although the draw is good.

Pre-light taste - My sinuses are better today after taking a generic form of claritin, my right nostril is free and clear while my left is clogged up and congested.  I am able to taste the spiciness though, and very small hints of earth and sweetness.

Initial lighting - the spiciness doesn't hit me as strongly like I thought it would, however the flavours are in balance, and I can taste the sweet tangy licorice along with the coffee and vanilla notes.  Surprisingly balanced despite the prelight taste.

Aromas - again, thanks to my allergies, I can't smell a damn thing out of this cigar.  No bread factory, no warm vanilla sugar, no coffee roasting here

Flavours of the smoke - A surprisingly good smoke, probably one of the best I've had, definitely better than the average of the box.  Sometimes I am amazed at what a great draw can do to bring out the flavours.  Sometimes while smoking this one, I wish I could nasally exhale this one, but I would doubt I'd get anything out of it other than a mucus mess dripping from my nostrils.  The flavours of spice, sweet tang, and earth are well balanced, and do present a complex profile very much to my enjoyment. 

Summary - Now that I am halfway done with this series of reviews, I have to say this is turning out to be more of a chore than an enjoyable experience.  I have a strong feeling that if I had just smoked these casually without the contemplative aspect of the flavours and it's harmonious melody, I could go through a box of these CL3s easily... no I have done so before in the past and I know I would enjoy them more.  Honestly if these cigars weren't so damn delicious, I probably would have given up after the fifth of the series of reviews.  Well, no point in stopping now, 10 more to go before I finally summarize the final tally of how consistent this cigar is, and present to you what I would consider an accurate cigar review.

No comments:

Post a Comment