Sunday, April 4, 2010

Arganese CL3 robusto 1 of 20

I've been wanting to do this for a while, and found it was about time to get started.  Over the past few years of seriously smoking cigars, a few reviews have been made and most of the time it's really based off of one cigar.  However for those who are more dedicated smokers understand that one cigar out of the entire production is not enough to summarize the main points, and poorly describe any form of accuracy, so I decided to put my plan of reviewing an entire box of cigars, one every day until the box runs out.  The starting box for me is a regular staple in my rotation, the Arganese CL3 robusto, consisting of 20 cigars to the box, thus 20 reviews over 20 consecutive days.

Appearance - reddish hugh wrapper, common color in the corojo leaf.  Smooth, near flawless, without any discoloration throughout.

Construction - after clipping the cigar, a pre-light draw is perfect.  Not too loose, not tight.  The feel of the cigar is a stiff elastic, a light squeeze on the fingertips and the cigar bounces back to original shape.

Pre-light taste - tastes like raisins and wood.  Haven't had the opportunity to put pieces of wood into my mouth for an exact flavour comparison, so your wood flavour may vary.

Initial lighting - spicy cinnamon flavours dominate the smoke, with strong licorice notes and hints of coffee and vanilla.  My tongue feels a slight bite from the spice, but it is not harsh, rather very smooth and robust.  A blast of nicotine leaves my lips and the tip of my tongue tingling.

Aromas - the bouquet is a vanilla and coffee combination with hint of floral essence.  Very pleasant aromas saturate the surrounding atmosphere.

Flavours of the smoke - the strong cinnamon dominates the majority of the cigar, with hints of licorice and raisins followed by notes of coffee and hints of vanilla beans.  A complex arrangement of flavours and aromas saturate the senses.  When I perform a nasal exhale, the cinnamon component subsides for a bit and earthy vanilla and coffee bean aggressively attack my palate. 

Summary - An impressive cigar by many standards, and possibly one of the best Domincan cigars I have smoked, thus it's constant presence in my regular rotation.  It is an interesting smoke to say the least, I have not been bored with the previous ones (and I must have smoked through quite a few boxes prior to this review) and this one retains the same level of enjoyment.  It is a powerhouse of nicotine, as the name itself Corojo Ligero the the 3rd power suggests.

No comments:

Post a Comment