Thursday, April 15, 2010

Arganese CL3 robusto 12 of 20

Appearance - This one appears dark, like the bottle of pancake syrup or similar to the color of Killian's Irish Red.  No imperfections, and uniform in color, as well as almost no veins. 

Construction - the draw is exceptional on this one, and the elasticity is good.

Pre-light taste - spicy and earthy.

Initial lighting - spice galore.  The sweet licorice tang and earth are present, but not as strong.

Aromas - I forgot to take my generic claritin today, so my sinuses are horrible, and my nose feels like it's about to fall off after blowing it constantly.  As a result, I couldn't smell a damn thing from this cigar.

Flavours of the smoke - The spiciness is the dominant element in this cigar, and the earth and tang do make appearances, although not as I would have liked.  The flavour is still pleasant, and much welcomed, as while smoking this stogie, I battled with my congestion and am grateful for the generous amounts of flavour. When the nub came around, the spice was still strong, and eventually was complemented with the tangy and earthy flavours in the finish with a long after delicious aftertaste.

Summary - I liked this one, especially after pulling 12 hours at work with a congested nasal cavity and a slight headache.  Despite my hindrances thanks to the excessive tree pollen in the atmosphere, I was able to pick up the flavours inherent with the line, and would rank this as one of the best I've ever had, fitting the profile of the CL3 marca brilliantly.

No comments:

Post a Comment