Friday, January 14, 2011

Is a cigar really "just a cigar"?

A.K.A. - Are we really all that stupid? pt. 2

In response to the anonymous criticisms left on the previous intended stand alone rant, I felt some clarification was needed.  I do appreciate input, however slight they are, or close minded, as long as they have some intellectual value, or some form of merit in terms of expressed opinions such as mine that might in fact stir free thinking.

There are some major flaws are presented.  I do enjoy smoking cigars.  It is a hobby, promotes relaxation for myself.  I find it so enjoyable that I make time to smoke one or two per day, no matter how hectic or tight my daily schedule is.  To think that I do not enjoy smoking is proof of ignorance to the rest of the content on this blog. 

And to the claim that the first part was a large whine... yes of course it is.  The disgust and anger presented is not directed at the products but at the people who make the products.  Cigars are the unfortunate vehicle to relay the piss poor project management and customer service delivered to the consumers. 

If you, the reader, are offended, I invite you to not read it.  Plain and simple. Don't waste your time with anything discouraging, negative, and go off into your utopia where everything is fantastic.  Don't waste your precious brain power to think up some meaningless response that just wasted 4 minutes of your life and 3 seconds of mine.

If you the reader, are somewhat moved emotionally and/or intellectually and might actually agree or disagree combined with some examples to concur or dispute the ideas being discussed, then feel free to express yourself.  I have provided examples to support my rant, targeting some beloved brands that I myself was infatuated with and ultimately betrayed by.  I encourage you readers to do the same.

Is a cigar really just a cigar? For the one hour that I take to smoke that robusto, or toro, or lancero, or churchill... the world just fades away and I find myself in a relaxed state, much like if I were to go on vacation at an all inclusive resort drinking an ice cold beer on the beach during sun set having a pleasant conversation with a few friends.  Now is a cigar really just a cigar? 

No comments:

Post a Comment