Friday, August 26, 2011

La Sirena Corona

Made by Pepin, distributed by Miami Cigar Co., spearheaded by the lovely Ariel of Tobacco Plaza in Great Neck, New York.  No other cigar I have come across has received as much drooling anticipation by other fellow cigar enthusiasts and bloggers a like, except maybe the once super rare but now super inferior holiday Fuentes and over celebrated Padron ## Anniversaries.

I picked this goodie up at the one and only Tobacco Plaza, and after smoking it, I was torn at whether I should post this review up or not... and well after 5 months of consideration I decided not to compromise my honesty.

It is presented in a ridiculously over sized silver blue band which covers most of the cigar, and distracts you from the dull brown wrapper and the sloppily formed cap, however the foot was neat and clean.  Construction as of late has become an issue with Pepin cigars, and this is not exception with its tight draw.  Upon smoking I picked up flavours of spice, caramel sweetness, heavy toasted flavours of oak and nuts.  A nasal exhale reveals a delightfully delicate chocolate bouquet. 

As all these flavours and aromas might sound appealing on paper, and certainly was appealing as these came around immediately after lighting and continued for 15 minutes as the first quarter inch burned down... that was the extent of it's complexity.  I finished the cigar to find it although tasty, and very boring... 45 minutes of boredom.  Smoking a Pepin now in my mind can be compared to watching a movie one too many times.  I like Will Smith movies, as an actor he is adequate, until I realized he just plays the same character archetype but with different character professions and names.

This entry certainly is longer than my usual short and concise reviews, but I felt this Pepin regurgitation deserved some further explanation that has brought about my disappointment with anything Pepin.

No comments:

Post a Comment