Tuesday, February 15, 2011

La Aurora Corojo Robusto Review

An interesting little number from the La Aurora company, this cigar had an impressive reddish brown uniform wrapper complete with a clean foot and a tight cap.  The construction quality was backed with a good draw.  Upon smoking the cigar, there was fruity sweetness, cinnamon spice, cream notes, and hints of oak.  The texture of the smoke itself was interesting as this was probably the first time I had experienced a rich velvet texture.  The combination of the flavours and mouth feel (yes, this is a very rare finding for me when smoking cigars) prompted me to purchase two boxes.

1 comment:

  1. I agree, I had a 14 year Hiatus and the only La Aurora Cigars were the Cameroon Wrapped (I love those) Maduros and the Leon Jimenez line. I recently opened up all my aged stash and started smoking again and fell back in love. I noticed that La Aurora Grew Big time. The Corojo and the big brother the Ecuadorian are amazing lines at dirt cheap prices. Superb quality fantastic flavor, body and strength. La Aurora has really come a long way!

    ReplyDelete